Over the years I’ve heard this question asked, “Why do you think technology is good for supporting the students” Here is my answer:
- Technology can differentiate instruction
- Supports the low reader
- Helps student to maintain focus
- Provides action for the kinesthetic learner
- Supports the sharing of ideas
- Let’s not forget the visual, audio, video, interactive and etc… supports
Keeping this in mind I hope to integrate technology in new and exciting ways to support the students. Here is a sneak peek of a project I’m working on.
As part of my position I maintain supplemental notes for supporting students of exceptionalities. This year I’m planning on sharing a virtual notebook with the students. I hope this provides study information to support all the different learning styles.
Now do you understand why technology can support the students?