Prior to Google Educator Training I had a fear about using Google Sheets in that matter even a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet. This fear is fading away since learning there is so much more one can do with a Sheet than I ever imagined. What I’m going to share is a support to help the elementary student with becoming independent as they learn how to add up to 1,000. Below is a screenshot of the Addition Practice Google Sheet Interactive.
Please feel free to use this link for copying the template: Addition Calculator Practice
I’ve created the following video to share how this interactive support works
WHY USE A SUPPORT LIKE THIS?
- It differentiates the learning so all students can successfully find the sum
- Students can work independently at their own speed
- Provides the student with multiple ways to check their answer
- Growth data is provided through the revision history
- Can be used in multiple ways
- Whole Group
- Small Group
- Assessable from home provided the student has internet access
Watch for a followup post on how this Interactive Math Manipulative was created. You could build interactives like this using Google Sheets for subtraction, multiplication, division and ? Please share what ideas you come up with in the comment section. I’m looking forward to hearing how you have incorporated the Google APPS for Education suite in the classroom.