The beginning of a new school year is just around the corner, and teachers are starting to plan for the coming year. It is exciting to see the conversations as I scroll down my Twitter Feed. Many teachers are looking for new ways to integrate technology. Today I saw this question from Emily Spooner Smith @ about Parent Teacher Conference Day Signup. Ms. Spooner-Smith is always looking for new innovative ways to integrate technology into her classroom.
I quickly answered back use a spreadsheet shared to edit by public with a link. This makes it possible to share the spreadsheet for parents to add their name to a time slot.
Don’t be shy and please add a fictitious name for signup!
CLICK HERE TO COPY THE TEMPLATE
WHY USE A GOOGLE SPREADSHEET FOR PARENT SIGNUP
- Offers parents an optional way to signup for parent teacher conference
- Example: Teacher shares signup sheet on Open School Night ~ Parent doesn’t attend due to scheduling conflict
- Signup sheet is available 24 hours for use ~ After all not everyone works the “Day Shift”
- Provides the opportunity for creating a stronger home-school connection
- No need to send home multiple copies of signup sheet with student
- Saves paper
- Reduces stress
- No need to spend a lot of time on a repetitive task
- Parent’s will love the convenience
Thank you Ms. Spooner-Smith for being an Innovative Teacher!