Teachers you can receive a daily notifications agenda when students make changes to a collaborative Google spreadsheet. What is the value? If students are working as small groups on projects you can see who contributed information. The email provides a list of the Student and the time the edits occurred in a daily agenda notification. All the teacher has to do is go into the spreadsheet then look at the Revision History to see exactly what the students typed. It gives a whole new perspective on assessing student’s work.
Setup Google Spreadsheet Notifications
- Choose Tools in the spreadsheet toolbar
- Scroll down to Notifications Rules and click
- Pop-up window opens for set notification rules
- Click the blue edit in the upper right
- Choose between:
- Any changes are made
- A user submits a form
- Next you choose between a daily email or multiple emails
- Email daily digest (one email daily)
- Email right away (every time a student logins to make a change)
- Gmail maybe flooded with email
NOTE: Timesaver for teacher prevents the need to sift through tons of email!