Yes! It is possible to create an Acrostic Poem in a Google Doc. Did I hear you say, “Oh how can this be?” “There is no vertical orientation for a text box or a vertical font?” The answer is within a Google Drawing.
Creating Vertical Text for Acrostic Poem
- Open Google Doc and give it a name
- Go to Insert in the Doc’s Toolbar
- Scroll down to Drawings & Click
- Create a narrow Text Box
- Select Font Size
- Align Text: Left, Center or Right
- Type the word
- Click the Blue Save & Close Button
- Set the Drawing Margin to “0”
- Choose text break
- Type the poem in an open area of the doc
- Move the horizontal text and adjust as needed
- Change line spacing & font size of poem if necessary
NOTE: Students can insert images, change font color and type styles to personalize their poem.