“How do I organize Google Drive?” is one of the questions I hear most often. My first response generally is, “Remember Google is famous for its Search Engine.” This means “Organization” shouldn’t be an issue. The response is often a dumbfounded look.
Truthfully the folder structure is very easy to create and maintain. It is similar to setting up a house and keeping it clean. If one doesn’t stay on top of things it becomes an unorganized mess. However the beauty of Google Drive doesn’t lie within the bounds of organized folders and file structure. Yes! You heard this right. Remember the words, “Search Engine.” Google integrated the search feature to work very well to locate files and folders.
Benefits in the Classroom
- Teacher can find files & folders on the fly
- No need to open folder tree, and scroll through dozens of folders & files
- Lessens stress for students over maintaining organized files & folders
- Lessens stress load for teachers
- Supports students with becoming organized