Recently I was asked what is the best Google APP to use as a Graphic Organizer. My response was Google Keep. This was followed by my explaining how Google Keep allows the student to make lists and or create a sketchnote. It is now easy for a list or image to be added into a doc. This provides the students with an opportunity expand their writing with details.
Use Google Keep to Take Notes
- Google Keep is excellent to use for note-taking
- The ability of Google Keep for floating on top of another website while creating a research notes list.
- Integration with Google Doc makes this a built in Graphic Organizer
- Keep lists check box info maybe organized by dragging to change order
- Keep list notes when accessed from within docs can be simply added into doc
- This allows the student to provide more details and expand upon the information of the listed note.
- Student can also use Keep as a whiteboard to write out math computation
- The whiteboard image can be inserted into a Google Doc.
- Image files may be downloaded and saved to insert into:
- Slide Presentation or Google Forms as a computational proof.
- Use of labels help organization content
- Click label and it brings up all notes for that content area
- Students can set reminders to study material for upcoming assessments
- Add images to support research topics
- Color code Notes for to easily find subject areas
- Quickly search for a note