In several recent teacher group chats I’ve heard, “Is there a way to limit individual slides to be restricted to one student for a collaborative slide deck?” The teachers wanted to avoid the students from messing around with each others slides for a collaborative slide deck. Mind you collaboration works best when students access the same slide deck together at the same time in a synchronous manner. However to avoid wasting of “Valuable Learning Time” it may not be a bad idea to introduce slide deck collaboration in small digestible steps. This is when the import feature in a slide deck becomes handy as the first step in preparing students for creating collaborative slides.
Importing Slides Into a Slide Presentation
- On your computer, open a presentation in Google Slides.
- At the top, click File Import Slide.
- Double-click the presentation you want to use.
- Click the Slide you want to import.
- Hold Shift Key Down to import multiple slides.
- Click Import Slides.