While preparing a “Google My Maps” presentation is when I discovered the “Power of Crowdsourcing”. Over my cup of morning java I had a revelation and created a map for sharing tips & ideas for using Google for Education Tools. I tweeted the map along with sharing how Laurie Guyon and myself were going to use it as part of our Learning with Innovative Technology Conference Presentation.
Immediately I was amazed by the responses from educators all over the world. This is when I realized what a “Powerful Tool” crowdsourcing could be. Thanks to the teachers who added ideas I have expanded my knowledge bank with “NEW ideas” for integrating these tools. It opened my eyes to the benefits “Crowdsourcing” may have for supporting education.
How Crowdsourcing Supports Edu
- Use to gather information from anywhere in the world
- Creates an Authentic Learning experience outside the classroom
- Supports Collaboration skills
- Creates a new resource for information
- Students can access info 24/7 from anywhere
- On a variety of digital devices connected to Internet
- Strengthens communication skills
- Reinforces using Digital Citizenship Skills
- Builds a network of professionals
- Provides Authentic Feedback
- Supports Critical Thinking