Are you looking for an easy way to engage students?
Search no longer and try a Google Hangouts On Air! A Google Hangout can play many different roles in a K-12 and Higher Ed Classroom. The hangout is recorded and can be reused as a classroom support or study tool shared privately by the teacher. Generally it takes minimal time to setup and run.
During the hangout the teacher or person in control has access to a dashboard providing the ability to mute a user’s sound, audio and etc… In rare cases an educator may eject an Attendees from a “Live Hangout” it they’re not exemplifying “Good Digital Citizenship”. This can be avoided by reviewing the “Netiquette” Skills before using a Live Hangout with your students.
Live Google Hangout Ideas
- Teachers can host a “Mystery Hangout”
- Middle School & High School Students interact w/Elementary Students
- Read to the class
- Create a project with screen share
- Provides the ability for an absent student to participate with their class
- Classrooms can connect with global classrooms to collaborate on a project
- Establish Student reading/discussion groups connecting two different districts
- Eliminate travel for Professional Development
- Student Study Groups
- Invite a guest speaker