Last summer I discovered Google Drawings along with the vast uses for supporting education. Recently I’ve noticed how the Google Drawing APP is integrated into some of the other core components within a Google APPS for Education Account.
This past week I had the opportunity to explore using the Google Drawings integrated within a Google Document. This tool unleashes the power to create original clipart, charts, graphic organizers, meme’s and etc… within a Google Document. This is done by layering both image files, shapes and a few other detailed steps to have the drawing image positioned properly in a Google Document.
Why do this?
- Provides visual support to help the student complete assignments.
- Students can express ideas in a picture along with words.
- Provides an interactive manipulative for problem solving built into the Google Document.
- Mind map support for writing.
- Student may move Mind map throughout document.
- Provides an area to do computation within the document.
- Here are a few ideas to support creativity and critical thinking skills
- Student creates a Meme positioned at top of document.
- Student then types or voice types explaining their inspiration for creating the Meme.
- Same idea can be used with
- Poetry layered on a graphic background.
- An opening paragraph layered upon representative illustration.
- There is too Many Google Drawing Support ideas to share in one blog post list.
MOST IMPORTANT to this POST:
It is an interactive way to support writing!
USING GOOGLE DRAWING
Layer Writing on Top of Graphics
- Insert an image
- Step 1: Click Insert
- Step 2: Click Drawing
- Click Insert
- Choose Image
- Add a Text Box
- Click Insert
- Choose Text Box
Watch Here to LEARN More!!!