Time to wrap up and assemble the Google Slide for the ELA Elementary Interactive Activity. One thing I’d like to point out is when creating clipart it is good to save as one file where the layers are merged. This prevents the clipart from falling apart when dragged. Using the shape tool made creating the clipart easier because it allows you to add border and words as one layer. Here are the steps I used to create the letter “g” with Google Drawings.
- Insert shape
- Change color
- Used 12px for the border size
- Change border color
- Click center of shape to choose font style
- Then type the letter & change font color
- Download & Save as PNG to insert into slide
NOTE: I like saving my clipart files as PNG for several reasons.
- A PNG has a transparent background
- When clipart is saved as a PNG all layers are merged into one
Once everything is inserted into the Google Slide the Interactive Activity will look like this:
ASSEMBLING THE INTERACTIVE ACTIVITY with GOOGLE SLIDE
- Open Google Slide
- Add a Title to the Slide
- Insert clipart
- Embed YouTube for sound
- Go to your YouTube Dashboard
- 1. Select Video
2. Click Share
3. Copy URL
OPEN GOOGLE SLIDE
4. Click Insert
5. Click Video
6. Paste URL to YouTube Video
7. Click the YouTube Video
8. Then Click Select
9. Resize Video on the Google Slide
- In this Google Slide Activity the YouTube Video is used as a Sound File.
- When using Video as Sound it is best to reduce video to a very small size.
- You don’t want the video to become a distraction.
- This activity was created to provide support for successful completion of the activity.